Admission Terms & Conditions
The booking terms are applicable to individuals or organisations booking a group with us. Deposit of 20% required is required to secure a space on the course or to organise a course for a group. Balance payment due due 4 weeks before course commencement, unless agreed otherwise. Courses booked less than 4 weeks to start date requires full payment along with the booking. Payments to be made by bank transfer. By booking a place with us you are agreeing to our terms and conditions as below:
Students must commence their course on the start date and attend classes as listed on their timetables. A medical certificate is required if the student has more than three days of consecutive absence owing to illness. For students who are on a visa, any unauthorized absence will be reported to the concerned authorities. Students on a visa are required to return to their country as soon as the course is completed.
Books & Stationery:
We provide students, where applicable, with the relevant course materials. Additional reading materials may have to be sourced by the students as needed.
All students are expected to attend daytime classes during the dates and time specified on the course schedule. The College reserves the right to alter dates due to various factors in order to facilitate or improve the provision of the course. . Any such changes will not affect the College regulations.
Where applicable, courses will involve theory and practical sessions and students are required to attend all sessions in order to complete the course.
Students are assessed throughout the course on theory and practical sessions carried out by the instructors and on completion. Students have to complete all sessions in order to receive their award.
Students are expected to conduct themselves responsibly on the training premises and to strictly abide by the rules and regulations as stipulated on the student hand book. Misconduct may result in suspension / dismissal from the course and where applicable necessary disciplinary action taken against the candidate.
Maintenance funds and others:
Where applicable, students are required to have sufficient funds to cover for accommodation, transportation, food, maintenance and any other related expenses whilst on the course.
Students are required to disclose at the time of application or after they have been admitted to the course, information that may determine their status on the course such as actions that lead to criminal record either past or present, where they may be deemed to be a security risk or any other relevant information that may lead to invalidating your enrolment. If you are unsure whether a certain matter is relevant to be disclosed, we advise that you check with us. Any information not disclosed and later found can lead to appropriate action being taken.
- Courses are subject to the delegate reaching industry standards and as such we cannot guarantee that you will pass the course. You will receive support and coaching to our best ability and let you resit the course at no extra cost, between 3 months after your start date and before 12 months has elapsed, at a date agreed between both parties.
- Before enrolling on the course please ensure you read the course content to ensure it fits your training needs. These booking conditions are binding.
- The delegate or the booking organization is responsible for the course fees. The course booking will be reserved on payment of the deposit of 20%. The full course fees are due no later than 4 weeks before the course start date. If the course fees have not been received before the due date, we reserve the right to exclude the candidate or cancel the group booking incase the booking is made by an organization. The booking deposit is non-refundable and the booking may be cancelled for non- payment of balance fees before the due date. The booking deposit and course fees if paid, may be carried forward to book a new alternative start date and is subject to the discretion of Heathrow Aviation Academy (HAA)
- If unforeseen circumstances dictate, we reserve the right to cancel or amend courses or change venue/trainer prior to delivery. In such circumstances We shall offer alternative dates as soon as possible or a refund of any course fees and deposit paid. In the event of cancellation/postponement we will not accept any further claims for expenses or out of pocket costs other than the course fees. We will endeavour to give as much notice as possible of any changes to booked courses.
- The course will be delivered by UK CAA approved training provider an in accordance with the guidelines set by UK CAA and EASA.
- The Academy reserves the right to cancel the course or change dates as appropriate at any time. Under these circumstances applicants will be offered a full refund or an alternative start date as per our refund policy.
- Once the deposit has been paid ,it is non-refundable. Cancellation of bookings by the applicant after the course fee has been paid will be refunded on the following term:
(Cancellation more than 30 days before the course start date- full refund less initial deposit, cancellation less than 30 days but more than 2 weeks from start date – 50% course fees will be refunded less initial deposit, Cancellation less than 2 weeks from start date will not be entitled for a refund. Please note Heathrow Aviation Academy may agree to transfer deposit and course fees to a new start date at its discretion)
- If the delegate fails to attend the course, no refund will be made. On proof of mitigating circumstances or severe illness an alternative course date may be offered.
- Photographic proof of ID must be brought to the first day of training to complete the necessary paperwork. Failure to do so could delay the issue of the Attestation certificate. Smart Office wear must be worn during the course.
- Delegates are responsible for complying with all UK entry requirements and for obtaining all necessary consents to enable their participation in the course. Unless otherwise stated the course fees do not include any travel, subsistence, accommodation, insurance or any other costs that may arise prior to or during the course.
- The delegate is responsible for determining that they are suitable to complete and pass the course. HAA do not provide any guarantee in respect to the standard of a delegate’s ability to pass the course. The courses will be delivered in English language and HAA will not accept any costs incurred by the delegate’s lack of English language knowledge or inability to complete the course. To take this course the delegate will need to be fluent in written and spoken English.
- We reserve the right to remove a delegate from a course whose behaviour is considered unacceptable in the learning environment. We will not accept any liability for any delegate’s personal property and will not supply insurance for this purpose.
- The liability to the delegate with respect to the provision of the course, cancellation, postponement, amendment, negligence, breach of contract, or arising in any other way from the subject matter of these course booking terms will not extend to: any indirect losses or damages, or any loss of profits, loss of contracts or opportunity, whether direct or indirect, even if We had been advised or were within their contemplation.
- HAA will endeavour to organise professional and relevant training in order to successfully complete the required training. However, your selection as Cabin Crew will depend upon your successful application to an airline employer. HAA bear no responsibility for attributes outside of the content of the course, and accept no liability for selection or rejection by employers for characteristics outside of our control. These include (but are not limited to): height and weight, pre-existing medical conditions, appearance, and personality. We strongly advise that delegates thoroughly research the airlines’ entry criteria and assess their own suitability.
- For undertaking the “Attestation of Initial Cabin Crew Training” course all applicants will need to be able to swim a minimum of 25 metres unaided as part of the course, swimming in water with and without a lifejacket and also climbing into a life raft from water. HAA will not accept any responsibility for a delegate’s unsatisfactory ability to achieve any practical tests and the water practical tests are taken entirely at your own risk. HAA accept no liability for any personal injury or death that could occur during the practical training sessions. Unsuccessful completion of the practical tests will result in not being issued an Attestation certificate. Subsequent retaking of the tests will be allowed, after three months from the course start date and before twelve months at the discretion of HAA and as agreed with the candidate.